Elixir liquid level sensor
Elixir is a compact, microcontroller based tuning fork level sensor for liquid level sensing that requires no calibration. The frequency of the fork changes when the tines are immersed in the liquid. The change in the frequency is detected and used for switching a relay. The output contacts of the relay can in turn be used for annunciation or control. The elixir system is not affected by the electrical properties of service material, is maintenance free and fast & easy to install.
Elixir can be used in any process industry plant that requires sensing of liquids in a sump/tank. Typical uses of Elixir have been fore level sensing of chemicals, beverages, liquor, varnish, juice, jam, ketchup, formulations, drugs etc. It also has replaced the float operated switches in some of the applications. It is also not affected by electrical properties of the service material.
Technical data and product specs:
* Viscosity: up to 10000 cP
* Temperature up to 200°C
* Pressure: up to 10kg/cm2
* Density: up to 0.7 gm/c.c.
* Length max: 3.5 meters
* Mounting: minimum flange size 1-1/2" or 1" BSP/NPT Threaded
* Housing: cast aluminum, weather-proof stoving enamel painted, suitable for back panel/wall mounting.
* Cable entries: 3 No. /2 No.
* Mains: 110 or 230 V AC (-15% to +10% ) 50 Hz ; 240 V AC/DC; 90 to 260 V AC universal power supply.
* Relay output: one/two set (s) of potential free change over contacts rated at 6A 230V AC, 50Hz for non-inductive load.
* Time delay: adjustable from 1 to 20 second for probe covered & uncovered condition.
* Indication: red LED for alarm and Green LED for normal condition.
* Power consumption: 5 VA approx.
* Response time: 1 second. approx.
* Operating temperature: -20°C to +60°C
* Fail-safe mode: high or Low field selectable.
* No moving parts, no wear and tear.
* Operates reliably in viscous liquids.
* Not affected by streams, turbulence, floating particles and gas bubbles.
* Operation is independent of electrical properties of the material.
* Can be installed quickly in small entries, pipes and mixing tanks.
* Installation is independent of position.
* No adjustment required, therefore fast commissioning.
The company offers both AC and DC versions of the Elixir system.
||Sapcon Instruments (P) Ltd. [ Homepage ]
||131, Palshikar Colony, Indore, India
||Ashwin Palshikar [ Email ]
Product groups: liquid level sensor level switch liquid level switch
Other products from this member
This liquid level indicator is based on the vibratig fork principle and has a built in microprocessor. The switch can be used to monitor the level of any liquid with viscosity up to 10000 cP.
This water level indicator can be used for pump switch on and off, to prevent dry running of pumps and for preventing overflow of service material in the process plants.
Highly reliable and accurate set of level monitoring instruments that eliminates cable capacitance and drift which happens due to change of cable capacitance with temperature.
Other products at Sensors, transducers, detectors > Liquid level sensor
The LS04 Liquid Level Sensors are a versatile multi-point level sensor made of plastic which can be customized to hold up to 6 magnetic floats and mount to either the top or bottom of a tank using various mounting options. The LS04 housing tube comes in two different plastic options, Polyamide (PA) and Polypropylene (PP) and standard lengths ranging from 80mm [3.14"] to 250mm [9.84"].
Series liquid level transmitter is the extension and development of pressure transmitter which is based on the principle that pressure generated by liquid with different specific gravity at different height are linear to realise the accurate measurement and transmission of volume, level height and weight of water, oil and pasted matters.
Three new versions of Level Sensor Series LS03 have been introduced into the market to meet the wider demands of our customer's more specialized application needs. Thus far, the LS03 Level Sensors were only capable of mounting to the inside of the liquid container or reservoir. These level sensors can be externally mounted to devices such as in modern air conditioners, cooling devices, high-pressure cleaners and many other technologically advanced household appliances.
The LS05 Liquid Level Sensors reach new levels. Made of a tough stainless steel housing, these sensors can be customized up to 6.5 feet in length, detect countless liquid levels and withstand high water pressure and high temperatures up to 200°C. The LS05 Series Liquid Level Sensors is the most diverse level sensor yet, combining hundreds of standard options ranging from switching power and connectivity to fluid types and number of liquid levels.
A new line of compact liquid level sensors that are more reliable than mechanical switches and are an alternative to costly Hall effect sensors is being introduced by MEDER electronic. MEDER LS-Series Liquid Level Sensors are made from corrosion-resistant materials and feature magnetic floats which activate reed switches when the liquid level rises or falls, as desired, and then provides an output signal. Requires no external power to operate.